Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Sweet Dreams

Sweet dreams...maybe not!

I'm so sleep deprived. I had not had a good night's sleep since 45 days ago. Or for that matter, I had not had a good night's sleep since 5 months ago. During the last few months of my pregnancy, I seemed to visit the washroom every 5 minutes. And during the last 45 days, I had to get up every 3 hours to feed my baby each night. Don't get me wrong. It's not hard to get up to feed my baby. My problem is that, it's very hard for me to go back to sleep after that. By the time I actually feel sleepy enough to doze off, it would be time for the next feeding again.

When Airasia had the free seats offer not long ago, I was very tempted to get a ticket to go "anywhere will do", not for a holiday but to get a good night's sleep. I am beginning to forget how a good night's sleep feels like. I wonder when I can experience it again.

Friends told me that life's going to be very different with a baby. I thought how different it could get. Now I know. It's very different, when you are getting only 4-5 hours of sleep a day.

I look like a panda bear now. I might as well live in a zoo.

~ Posted 26th January 2007 in Friendster Blog

No comments: