Sunday, April 8, 2007

A Mother's Anxiety

One and a half months after our baby was diagnosed with Nystagmus, my heart still feels sore everytime I looked at her eyes. It's rather heart-breaking to see that there is no improvement in her eye condition day after day. At times, I still feel very desperate and depressed, while at times, I engrossed myself with tonnes of work to try to forget about her condition. Other times when we are out with friends, I feel a little better. My anxiety level can sometimes rocket up so high that I feel like pulling out all my hair in stress. Perhaps, it is my impatient nature that makes it hard for me to wait for improvements, if any. I kept questioning myself about our baby's future. How will she cope if her eyes don't heal?

Dear God, please heal our baby. Thank you.

No comments: