Monday, April 7, 2008

Langkawi Island

We all woke up very early that morning, as we planned to savour some more delicious dim sum before getting on the ferry to Langkawi.


The journey to Langkawi via ferry took almost 3 hours. The ferry ride was OK. I was worried that I might get sea sick but luckily I felt fine.


When we reach Langkawi and alighted from the ferry, Whoa... the first thing that hit me was the heat. Gosh! It's so hot there. Extremely hot. While waiting for our luggages, we hang around at the jetty. Even the wind blowing was hot there. When our luggages were all out, we proceeded to the car rental counters outside. Oh man! There's so many people there. We waited for quite a while before we managed to get our rented cars. It was two Nissan Sentra for 9 adults and chubby kid.

With the help of maps, we proceeded to our rented apartment, which was not very far from Kuah Town. We were all extremely hungry and so, after unloading our luggage, we proceeded to a Thai restaurant that we saw on the way.


We savoured some delicious Thai food; not too spicy and tasted great, especially the tom yam soup. Hmm, I'm drooling now thinking of it.


After lunch, we proceeded to Kuah Town to survey the duty free shops. There's so many of them. And Kinder Bueno! So many of them too. And so cheap too. Oh my! Will my luggage fit I wonder? The gang went to survey the alcohol, which was also very cheap and bought some for a party that night.

After our price survey, we went back to our apartment to freshen up before driving around and hunting for food for dinner. We ended up having seafood again.

That night, the gang had a party, drinking screwdriver - orange juice spiked with vodka, while I slept soundly beside chubby kid.

It was a good day. Probably because I saw so many Kinder Buenos.

* Photos courtesy of Jason (I could not take many photos because I had to carry 13kg of load, while my husband was the designated driver.)

No comments: