Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sightseeing in Langkawi

We had almost a whole day of sightseeing in Langkawi. We practically drove through the whole island, stopping by places of interest on the way. The roads are pretty straightforward. We started driving around Kuah Town area and if you just keep on driving, it will take you back to Kuah Town. Yes, that's right. The road is in one big circle that covers the whole island. Hard to get lost even if you want to.

Anyway, we stopped at this luxurious resort called Awana Porto Malai, a place which I've only heard of but never seen. When I first set my eyes on it, truly, the place is luxurious in its own standards. I wonder how much the rooms here cost per night. The view here is really magnificent.


We then proceeded to the Yacht Club, where lots of yachts were docked. It looked like a parking lot for yachts. Fantastic view too.


Along the way, we saw lots of interesting houses. On some parts of the island, we would see dilapidated kampung houses and suddenly out of no where, there will be some luxurious resorts. Such a drastic mixture of architecture.

Anyway, we then stopped by a place called GeoPark, where the gang took the cable car to the top of the mountain. My husband and I did not follow, as it was almost time for chubby kid's milk and nap, so we just hung around at the GeoPark. Nothing much there but lots of tourists. There were people who paid to take photographs with an eagle and a python. My gosh! I just stood there and stared like I had never seen a snake before. How those people dare to put the python around their necks, I could not fathom. Not to mention that they are paying to put the python around their necks. If it were free, I wouldn't even want to do it.

Since we did not go up the mountain with the gang, I'll post up some photos taken by the gang at the mountain top. It was very hot up there but the view was breathtaking.


After that, we went back to our apartments to rest before proceeding to the Eagle Square in the evening when it was not so hot. There you go. Photos of the famous big eagle in Langkawi.


The day ended with dinner at Kuah Town and shopping for duty free items. Oh, did I mentioned? Our luggage was broken on the first day when we reached Penang. So, we bought another luggage, a bigger one, in Langkawi. Luggage is another item which is very cheap in Langkawi, apart from the kitchenware, chocolates and alcohol. So, our shopping was completed with a few hundred ringgit worth of chocolates, a few hundred ringgit worth of alcohol and a bigger luggage, which is only half the price of what you will pay for in Kuching. My husband also bought a sports shirt for himself and a cute sandal for chubby kid.

And so, that night, we started our packing. Luckily, we bought a bigger luggage. Otherwise, I do not know how our stuffs can fit in, especially the chocolates. No la...I did not buy a truckload of Kinder Bueno. On the contrary, most of the chocolates were gifts for friends and relatives.

We all had a really good time.

*Photos courtesy of Jason

No comments: