Monday, May 26, 2008


* Disclaimer: Below is my experience during the detoxification process, a process I found on the internet. I do not endorse any products mentioned nor do I recommend this process to any readers. I am doing it at my own risk. Please consult your physicians or doctors before attempting this detoxification process. I will be in no way responsible for any harms brought by this process to any of the readers of this entry.

During the past few months, I kept getting allergy attacks on a daily basis. Up to a point, I cannot take it any longer and decided to go on a detoxification process. This process consists of two phases. The first phase is to first clear my kidney and bowel of toxic and unwanted elements. The second phase is to detox my liver.

I started off with drinking this herbal tea that I bought from Watson. It's called the TruDTox Botanical Tea Blend.

It tastes alot like the chinese liang teh. I had to drink this tea for five days and for that five days, my diet consists of only fruits and vegetables. This was how lunch and dinner looked like for five days.

What I did was dump those vegetables into a boiling pot for 1 minute and add a little bit of salt and it was ready for consumption. For the first two days, it was fine. On the third day onwards, I was lost on finding more variety of vegetables to eat. So, imagine, I had to eat the limited variety of vegetables for five days. But I survived. I could even sit in KFC with my husband and watch him eat with no temptations whatsoever. I even survived badminton training, albeit with less energy.

In addition to fruits and vegetables, I also drank apple juice, which was one of the requirements needed for the second phase of detox. So, after the five days of being a vegetarian, day number six came and it was time for the second phase of detox. This second phase is called the liver flush. I found this recipe for liver flush on the internet.

Liver Flush Recipe

1. For 4-5 days before your liver flush, eat as many apples, or drink as many apple juice as you can. You can take malic acid supplements if you wish if you can't drink the juice. In the last 2 days, drink 8 oz of apple juice every 2-3 hours. Doing this will help ensure the liver flush is successful.

2. On day 6, eat a light breakfast with no fat. This enables the bile in your liver to accumulate, putting pressure in your liver. This pressure will eliminate more stones in your liver.

3. At 2:00 PM, the same day, mix 4 tblspoons of Epsom Salts in 3 cups of water (or apple juice), pouring all this into some jar. Do NOT drink or consume any foods after 2 PM. This is extremely important! Put this jar in the cooler/refrigerator to make it cold.

4. At 6:00 PM, drink 3/4 cup of this mixture. It will taste very bad but you can add 1/8 tablespoons of powdered Vitamin C to make it taste better.

5. At 8 PM, drink another 3/4 cup of this mixture. Get all your errands done, and prepare for the liver flush. You shouldn't be doing ANYTHING after doing a liver flush, just lying down and sleeping.

6. At 9:45 PM, pour 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil into a jar. Squeeze the entire grapefruit into the mix, removing the pulp with a fork, or chopsticks. You should have 1/2 to 3/4 cups of grapefruit juice mixed with the virgin olive oil in the jar. Close the jar, and shake it very hard until it is all liquid.

7. At 10 PM, drink this mixture. You may drink it through some large straw if that makes it easier for you. Try to get it all down by 5 mins or so.

8. Lay down in your bed as soon as you are down. This is crucial, and most people do this wrong. Don't do any work, don't even bother brushing your teeth! Just lay down immediately! Lay on your right side, with your right knee up towards your chin for 20 or so mins. Stay still, and try not to move at all. Try to sleep.

9. The next morning, when you wake up, drink a 3rd dose of your 3/4 cup Epsom salts. You can go back to sleep afterwards.

10. Two hours later, drink the last dose of Epsom salts.

11. Only after 2 more hours can you eat anything, but do not eat solid fruits just yet. Start with liquids, and move slowly to fruit.

I prepared the ingredients needed for the liver flush. I bought the Epsom Salt from Guardian.

I also bought the virgin olive oil. Extra virgin some more! Don't play play!

I also bought organic apple juice to mix with the Epsom Salt instead of using only water.

And so, on the sixth day, I did the liver flush. On the seventh day, I passed out the so called stones. I was kind of relieved that it was over. I was allergy free for a grand total of one and a half days and then, the allergy attacks came back. But it was not as serious as before. Rather, it was much milder than before. I felt healthier and better but I was not sure if this was just psychological.

I am thinking of doing a second liver flush. Not sure when though. Time and schedule do not permit me to do anything much at this moment. I hope that my allergy will slowly be completely eliminated with each round of detox that I will go through in the future.

No comments: