Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Summary of Hong Kong Trip

This entry is to sum up my Hong Kong trip with miscellaneous pictures. First and foremost, the main reason why I went to Hong Kong was to present in a conference there.


This conference was held in the Regal Kowloon Hotel, quite a luxurious hotel too.


This was the seminar room where I attended one of the conference sessions. I went there early, so there were only two other people there.


The food at the Regal Kowloon Hotel was great too. They served very nice international buffet lunch. But of course, I did not stay there. It was just too expensive. Instead, I stayed at a hotel called Guangdong Hotel, which was nearby the Regal Kowloon Hotel. The hotel room was about RM430 per night. Although the room was a little small, typical of Hong Kong hotels, it was quite comfortable and pleasant. I did not take a photo of the hotel itself but I took a photo of the view from my hotel room window. A typical view of the Hong Kong streets; narrow with lots of colourful neon lights.


And of course, how could we miss out the ever famous wantan mee, noodles with shrimp dumplings.


Looks delicious eh? We also had roasted geese rice and some other local food, which I did not take photos of. We also tried out the Vitasoy drink and I liked the jasmine tea flavour. So far, I had only seen the plain Vitasoy in Kuching.


And so, that wraps up my Hong Kong trip. I had fun and enjoyed the food tremendously. Hoping for a third trip in the next few years.

No comments: