Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hot Night

Last night, the whole of Kuching had a blackout. I later found out that it wasn't just Kuching. It was the whole of Sarawak.


There were traffic jams everywhere when we tried to get home from church. While having dinner at home, we were drenched in sweat, even though we were having a candlelight dinner.

The electricity came back for about 30 minutes before going off again. The second time lasted close to 3 hours. We were so hot that we had to go out in the car and drive chubby kid around. When the electricity came back in certain places in Kuching, our home was still in darkness. We drove around for about one and a half hours, till it was close to 11pm. Fortunately, the electricity came back when we almost reached home.

Last night made me realized that us city folks are truly lucky to have all the basic facilities. We are so lucky that, at times, we tend to forget and take for granted all the things that are not available to many in the rural areas. It also made me realized that, I cannot survive without all these basic facilities.

Thank God there was electricity during bedtime. I was so tired that I fell asleep immediately when my head touched the pillow, even before chubby kid was asleep.

No comments: