Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Excess Baggage

How much stuffs to bring if you are going overseas for three years? Well, apparently, a lot. Even though we just packed the really basic stuffs, we ended up with these; two big luggages, two big boxes, one cabin luggage, one laptop bag and one baby basket.


Total weight for these to be checked in was approximately 96kg, and of course, it was not allowed. Not that it was not allowed but I would have to pay for excess baggage. The sum was appalling. RM6000++. My gosh!!!

So, the sad thing was, we had to sacrifice one of the boxes. We left behind one box which had most of my t-shirts. And so, I have a total of 3 shirts to wear over this one month, while waiting for our family to send over the left behind box through air cargo.

Chubby kid is having her afternoon nap at this moment. Hence, I'm free to blog and to surf the net. But I'm feeling a little guilty. I should be reading my textbook right now! What the heck!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

wahseh.. rm6k??!!

Susie said...

kekeek...i was to pay also but i had forgotten how much, i jst remember 1kg will cost me RM63 from KL to Perth that time...hahaha..i ended up stupidly paying at Kuching airport first, then decided to post them back frm KL..but Perth is still quite near to Kch compare to UK :-p

chuasteph said...

melissa: yalor. exp ho. coz the fee to reach till manchester fr kch is more than rm200 per kg.

susie: aiyo susie. ciak lat u. already reach kl stil wan to send back meh? hehehe...

Nana said...

wah!! susie u got so many stuff to bring meh? Luckily u dun have kid like steph...

Susie said...

hahah...i was abit stupid at that moment..very reluctant to leave my things as i cant remember what was inside :p, so, when i arrived KL, i unpacked the box and then send them back to Kch..hahaa..stupid ler :-p

nana : :-p true also..i brought everything which i could think of that time..last weekend i jst packed some of unused clothes to be donated :-p ..what a waste? but then donating to ppl who need them, hmm..i had done a meaningful thing, rite rite ? :-p hahahah

Melissa said...

alamak...

when u settle down do let me know where u stay or give me your contact so that me and yap can visit u if we do go over. :)