Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day Shopping Spree

People here go on a shopping spree on Boxing Day. I hear that stores have great sales on this day and people are known to queue outside the stores as early as 4am. Well, that was what I heard from friends. I haven't seen that happening with my own eyes.

Well, I am too poor to go on a shopping spree right now. However, I can still go on a window shopping spree, can't I?

One of the places that a lot of people head to during Boxing Day is the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet. This place is like a shopping village with all the brands pooled together.


We reached there at around 11am and the place was already full of people busy spending their money. To our surprise, this is one of the places where we can find more Asians than Caucasians. What is even more surprising is that a lot of the Asians are in fact, Malaysians. Right, left, front and behind, you are bound to bump into Malaysians. And of course, we met a lot of Malaysian friends there. Heck, for the first time, we feel like we are in Malaysia. I think all the Malaysians in Liverpool must have been there today.

Anyway, the place was quite fun to do both shopping and window shopping. We're broke, remember? So, it's just window shopping for us. Here are some pictures of the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet.


Even though these stores slash their prices by half, some brands like Burberry and the likes are still quite expensive by our standards. That is why they have these signs here, showing you where the cash machine is, so that you can withdraw more cash to spend.


There is also this Cadbury store there, selling chocolates but I think it paled in comparison with the chocolate section of Ta Kiong in Kuching. My mum must be heaving a sigh of relief that I did not buy any more chocolates.


Children here are kept busy by a playground and a merry-go-round when their parents are busy shopping.


Last but not least, an extremely large Christmas tree adds a nice touch to the Christmas decorations there.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

wow!! such nice pictures!! too bad things were too expensive there even after all those "sales" eh?