Sunday, November 14, 2010

Third Language

When I was doing my undergraduate studies, we all had to take a compulsory third language course. At that time, I took Mandarin and studied diligently to get my strokes right. (But of course, I have forgotten all of it now.)

Now, in the midst of my PhD studies, I am going to take another "third language". It has nothing to do with my course but it is all for the sake of chubby kid. She has started pre-Braille lessons and I should properly equip myself with the same knowledge of Braille.



Otherwise, how am I going to check her homework in the future.

5 comments:

Moo Moo Cow said...

wahhh... so geng ah... is it difficult to pick up?

chuasteph said...

it is mighty difficult to feel with your fingers but what i do is read the dots with my eyes. i just can't feel it right with my fingers. she's been taught to start with feeling with fingers now, apparently to enhance her sense of touch.

sharin said...

good for her, Steph (and of course to you too).. hopefully she can still get all the help she needs when you guys are back in m'sia...

chuasteph said...

thanks sharin. i hope so.

Siing-kieh said...

"chia you" to u both! she's a real quick n adaptable kid, look how fast she got me to play masak2 with her : )